Cinnamon Coconut Macaroons
Learned this from work as well! Added some other ingredients just to adjust to my own taste.
3/4 cup coconut shreds
1 egg white
1/2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
3/4 cups flour
2 tbsp light cream
1. Prepare a pan and lay out a layer or parchment paper.
2. Whisk together egg white, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract together.
3. Pour mixture into the coconut shreds and mix thoroughly.
4. Mix completely with the flour and gradually add light cream.
5. Spoon onto pan in small scoops. Bake at 300’C for 20-30 minutes until the tops turn golden brown.
Crispy Duck Breast with Red Wine Mushrooms, Crispy Brussel Sprouts, and Warm Mozzerella with Broad Beans, Lemon and Cilantro
I made some extra sides so I had something for lunch the next day, but couldn’t resist trying a bit of everything. The brussel sprouts I’ve made before, there’s a quick kale salad, and the mushrooms were sauteed with rosemary and red wine, but the broad bean salad was a great side and not anything I’d tried before.
- 2 duck breasts
- 2 tsp chinese 5 spice powder
- Salt and pepper
Dry the duck skin, leaving uncovered in the fridge, salted, over the day. Pat dry again and season with salt and pepper. On the flesh side, rub with 5 spice, salt and pepper.
Get a pan very hot (no oil needed), and place the duck skin side down for 7-10 minutes until very brown and the fat has rendered. Cook for 5-7 minutes on the other side until medium.
Ingredients (broad beans):
- 1 cup of broad beans, having been removed from the shell
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzerella balls
- Olive oil, salt and pepper
Boil the beans for a few minutes, drain, and then saute in a bit of olive oil for 7-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and then mix with the remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.
i still find this funny xD
VERSACE HC FW 2012